VR World NYC is the largest mixed reality entertainment destination in the U.S. Showcasing over 50 unique experiences from art and film to gaming and multiplayer features. We are redefining entertainment through merging culture and cutting edge technology, turning the best of virtual and augmented reality into good times. An attraction by day and an entertainment lounge by night, VR World is a beautiful place to touch the future, explore and live it. Enter VR World and yours will change forever!
What you’ll do
Upon arrival to VR World, visitors are invited to engage in a multi-sensory journey that goes beyond Virtual Reality. Onsite content is tightly curated to show the best of many genres, taking advantage of the scope and size of the space to allow viewers to deeply explore the medium.
Here are a few of the experiences your group can have at VR World:
- Saber, Slash through the Beats: Can you hit each cube without missing a beat? Best described as a mashup of Guitar Hero and Fruit Ninja, hit the beats to catchy songs while dodging obstacles sent your way. This immersive experience will hit you with an array of flashing lights and endless beat drops, all while you complete each song with flair.
- Tower Tag, Fast Paced Laser Action: Tower Tag is a PvP multiplayer shooter with haptic elements and tons of laser action. Jump from tower to tower to evade your enemy, sneak attack, and get the most points!
- Tilt Brush, Otherworldly Painting: Experience painting as you have never before. Tilt Brush lets you paint in virtual reality. Unleash your creativity with three-dimensional brush strokes, stars, light, and even fire. Your room is your canvas. 360 degrees over your head and below your feet. Your palette is your imagination. The possibilities are endless.
- Kobold – Kobold is a new kind of horror experience that blurs the line between cinema and VR gaming. Step into the shoes of an urban explorer investigating the mysterious case of a missing boy. Pick up your flashlight and discover the secrets of an abandoned villa in the middle of a dark forest in Germany. Try it here for the first time in New York.
- The Dream Collector – Discover what happens to our abandoned dreams in “The Dream Collector,” a VR film that follows the story of an old man and his dog, who collect broken dreams and try to fix them.
- Out of The Blue – This is the inspiring story of the legacy inherited by a child in a small town in Mexico. Once described by Jacques Cousteau as the Aquarium of the World, years of overfishing killed the reef and pushed its inhabitants to the brink of extinction. To get their reef back, a family of fishermen chose to make a revolutionary yet dramatic decision.
Plan your visit
We have professionally designed programs for ages 7-97. We offer 3 levels with over 50 experiences ranging from 360 cinema, interactive games, and artistic content. Every VR World field visit in each age group consists of the three essential elements:
- User Experience: VR World facilitates socialization and community by design. With screens in every bay, seating throughout the space and a lively bar and lounge, visitors can share their experiences with others. Our engaging Instructors provide education and assistance with each experience, adding support and structure to ensure client satisfaction.
- Event Coordination: With immersive spatial design capable of hosting up to 500 people, VR World is a flexible venue that can easily undergo transformation to host any event. Our dedicated staff and onsite tech team are always on-hand to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
- Content: VR world showcases the highest quality content displaying over 50 experiences at any given time. It is our mission to exhibit content that extends beyond gaming to demonstrate the impact of what this technology can have on storytelling, education, and the visual arts.
Groups visiting VR World will receive preferential pricing, group reservations, and expedited check-ins and Private Event options are available for groups and can include VIP Area Rentals, Drink Packages, and Catering Options. Please Contact Us to set up your group or event today!
We currently offer packages and event coordination only for groups of 20+ individuals. Below that threshold, our current admission prices are in effect. Small Group? Click here to purchase your tickets today.
Where is it
VR World is located mere steps from The Empire State Building at 4 East 34th Street (between 5th and Madison Avenue)
Hours & Schedule
Second Floor Opens 1 Hour After Opening And Closes 1 Hour Prior To Closing
Things to keep in mind
- With the help of computer technology, VR – short for Virtual Reality, is an immersive experience in which users are teleported into a 3D World. The senses of hearing, touch, and vision are stimulated in the interactive world which the computer is the gatekeeper of. The users’ eyes are the guide and every single movement is tracked and the graphics react accordingly.
- Upon entry, you will fill out a waiver and given a VR World bracelet that is synced to your personal screen name. Each experience has a tap in tablet with a scanner that reads your bracelet information for joining the queue.
- Users will wear either an Oculus or HTC Vive. Each has a set of different experiences and teleports the user into an artificial world where the limitations are endless. Some experiences are completely hands-free and some require use of controls similar to electronic games.
- Aside from the multitude of gaming options offered, our Mezzanine level features curated films, music and art.
- VR World isn’t an all-ages attraction. In fact, children under age 7 aren’t admitted and certain games have age requirements, while a couple of others are geared toward those over 5-foot-2.
- No outside food or drinks are permitted at VR World due to highly sophisticated electronics and regulations.
- Dress fashionably for comfort. These experiences are interactive. Whether you’re shooting droids, chopping fruit, or working up a sweat boxing, you’ll be moving around a lot, so you might as well be comfy. Also, beware that once you put on your VR mask, you can’t see or hear anything else around you. Travel only with the necessities in a small bag that you don’t mind keeping on you while you play, stashing near where you’re playing, or handing off.
- Lastly, be prepared for the awkwardness. You’ll look silly when you’re in the midst of a game, stuck in your own virtual world. It will be more than mildly entertaining watching your company get really into the game, and they will enjoy watching you, too. So, if there’s awkwardness, it’s of the shared variety. Just let go and have a good time. Most gaming bays have a big-screen TV where you can watch the action that’s happening in the headset, so people tend to fixate on that more than whoever is playing the game.