The Wellmont Theater
Inaugurated in 1922, the Wellmont Theater in Montclair, NJ is now known as one of the most prominent concert venues and American theaters in the New Jersey area. This iconic gem is a majestic local landmark with great acoustics. The venue can accommodate more than 2,000 people and manages to impress locals and tourists with its stunning architectural details after undergoing a 3 million dollar renovation completed in 2008.
What you’ll do
You’ll Get to See Your Favorite Artists in Action on Stage at the Wellmont Theater in Montclair. This legendary New Jersey theater hosts a great variety of special events and best-loved musical acts, and also welcomes popular comedians. World-class talent in an enormous variety of genres is guaranteed to make the Wellmont a must visit venue for your group. For groups seeking a one stop shop, you can fill your pre and post show prescriptions at The Pharmacie Bar & Kitchen. With bars on two levels and decorated in a vintage vibe of exposed brick, black-and-white tile, marble and wrought iron, Pharmacie is a convivial gathering place for pre-show libations, a post-performance dinner, or a private party for up to 100 guests.
Plan your visit
- The Wellmont Theatre hosts a variety of live music and comedy acts. Click here for a list of upcoming events.
- To reserve group tickets for any upcoming performances at The Wellmont Theatre, please contact Carly Wolfson, Director of Artist & Customer Relations by email at [email protected]
Private Group Events
- The Wellmont Theatre: Available for Meetings, Graduations, Awards Ceremonies, TV Shows, Benefits, Fundraisers, Concerts, Fashion Shows and More. Host your event in our state of the art, 1922 fully restored vintage theater. The Wellmont is the perfect home for your unforgettable occasion.From pre-event planning to move-out, The Wellmont Theater’s staff is committed to the attention to detail that will ensure the seamless and successful execution of your event.To get started, please Submit a Rental Request Form and the Event Coordinator will reach out to you promptly.
- Pharmacie Bar & Kitchen: Think of Pharmacie for your next social or business event. To discuss large group dining and private party packages, contact Nicole at 973.968.5303
Where is it
The Wellmont Theater is located at 5 Seymour Street, off Bloomfield Avenue in Montclair, NJ and Pharmacie Bar & Kitchen is attached to the Lobby of the theatre and is located at 398 Bloomfield Avenue in Montclair, NJ.
- From Manhattan: From 34th Street Penn Station, take New Jersey Transit’s Montclair-Boonton line to the Bay Street or Walnut Street station, From Bay Street: Exit the station to Pine St. and turn left. At the first intersection (Bloomfield Avenue) turn right. Walk on Bloomfield Ave. for .6 miles and turn left on Seymour St, From the Walnut Street: Exit the station and crossover Walnut St. Walk one block west to N. Willow Street and turn left. Walk along N.Willow Street 0.4 miles until you reach Bloomfield Ave. Turn right and you will see the theater on your left in one block.
- From Manhattan: DeCamp Bus No. 33 or 66-R from the Port Authority Bus Terminal. The No. 33 bus travels through Bloomfield, then west on Bloomfield Ave through Montclair Center. The No. 66-R bus travels through Upper Montclair/Montclair with stops at Montclair State University, Bellevue Plaza, Watchung Plaza and Montclair Center (Bloomfield and Park)
- From Newark: New Jersey Transit No. 11 from Penn Station, Take bus to the corner of South Mountain and Bloomfield Avenues, Montclair
- From the North: Garden State Parkway Southbound to Exit 151 (Watchung Avenue- Montclair/Nutley), Turn right onto Watchung Ave, Follow Watchung Ave for 1.5 miles and turn left on Park Street, Follow Park Street for 1.5 miles and turn left on Bloomfield Avenue, Seymour Street will be on your right in 0.3 miles
- From the South: Garden State Parkway Northbound to Exit 148 (Bloomfield Avenue- Bloomfield/Montclair), Follow exit ramp to traffic light Proceed straight through traffic light, Stay in left lane and follow “U-Turn” Proceed to first traffic light and turn right on Bloomfield Ave, Follow Bloomfield Avenue until you reach Seymour St.
- From the West: Follow I-280 East to Exit 8B (Prospect Avenue/CR 577N) toward Cedar Grove, Follow Prospect Ave. for 2.5 miles to Bloomfield Ave, Turn right on Bloomfield Ave and take it until you come to Seymour Street on the right
- From New York City: Proceed across George Washington Bridge and follow signs for 80/95/NJ Turnpike, After 2.5 miles, follow Exit 69 for I-80 West toward Paterson, Follow I-80 West for 5.5 miles to Exit 62 for Garden State Parkway, Follow Garden State Parkway South for 7.5 miles to Exit 151 Watchung Ave (Montclair/Nutley), Turn right on Watchung Ave, Follow Watchung Ave for 1.5 miles and turn left on Park Street, Follow Park Street for 1.5 miles and turn left on Bloomfield Ave, Seymour Street will be on your right in 0.3 miles
- From Lincoln Tunnel: Follow I-495 for 3.5 miles to Route 3 West, Proceed on Route 3 West for 10 miles to Grove Street exit, Turn left on Grove Street toward Montclair, Follow Grove Street for 2 miles and turn right on Watchung Ave, Follow for 1 mile and turn left on Park Street, Follow for 1.5 miles and make a left on Bloomfield Ave, Seymour Street will be on your right in 0.3 miles
- On- Street In Montclair: Street parking is available in Montclair. If you are parking on a street in and around the Wellmont Theater, please be respectful of our neighbors. Please obey any posted signage. Metered parking is in effect from 8AM to 7PM Monday through Saturday. Parking is free after 7PM Monday through Saturday and free all day Sunday.
- Off-Street During Construction: Free parking is available for ticket purchasers at Lackawanna Plaza (East side of Grove Street behind TD Bank) on show nights.
Hours & Schedule
The Wellmont Theatre
- Box Office Hours: Monday through Friday: 12PM to 5PM and 2 hours before show time on event days
- Performance Hours: Vary By Show
Pharmacie Bar & Kitchen
- Open Hours: Tuesday – Saturday: 4pm-2am and Sunday: 4pm-11:30pm
- Kitchen Hours: Tuesday – Thursday: 4pm-10pm, Friday & Saturday: 4pm-11pm, and Sunday: 4pm-9pm
Things to keep in mind
Need More Information? Contact the Theatre or Click here to view a full list of Policies and FAQ’s!