The Vessel at Hudson Yards
The extraordinary centerpiece of Hudson Yards is its spiral staircase, created by Thomas Heatherwick and Heatherwick Studio, Vessel presents a uniquely interactive experience – a monument meant to be climbed and explored. Comprised of 154 intricately interconnected flights of stairs – almost 2,500 individual steps and 80 landings – the centerpiece will literally lift up the public, offering a multitude of ways to engage with New York and each other.
What you’ll do
You’ll take the vertical climb and experience remarkable views of the city, the river and beyond from different heights, angles and vantage points.
Plan your visit
For groups below 15 guests:
- For FREE same day time-specific tickets, please visit us onsite beginning at 9:30am. Same day tickets are available on all of the interactive kiosks in the Shops and Restaurants at 20 Hudson Yards and the interactive kiosks on the Public Square and Gardens. All FREE tickets are issued on a first come, first served basis. Tickets are distributed for the next available timeslot and allow for a one-time entrance during your assigned timeslot.
- Limited quantities of tickets are also available for future reservations in a 14-day window. These tickets can only be reserved online.
- A limited number of Flex Pass tickets will be allocated each day for future reservations, on a first come, first served basis, for a convenience fee of $10.00 each. With the Flex Pass tickets, visitors can book the date of their choice up to six months in advance and arrive at the time that day that best suits their schedule. These tickets allow a one-time entrance at any time during operating hours on a selected date. Flex Pass tickets can be purchased online or by contacting us at 1-332-204-8500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For groups of 15 or more:
- Group reservations are required. Please contact us at 1-332-204-8500 or email us at email@example.com to inquire about your group visit. Please contact us for more information on bringing your accessible group.
Private Parties & Special Events:
- If you are interested in hosting a special event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where is it
With unsurpassed connections to commuter rail service, the subway system, the West Side Highway, the Lincoln Tunnel, and ferries along the Hudson River, Hudson Yards is at the center of the metropolitan region. Hudson Yards is located between 10th and 12th Avenues from West 30th to West 34th Streets.
MTA New York Subway
- The No. 7 Subway is the main conduit to and from Hudson Yards. It connects to Times Square and beyond from an eye-catching new station, located steps from the east lobby across Hudson Park.
MTA Bus Lines
- The M34-SBS, M12 & M11 bus lines stop near the building.
- Penn Station is just 2 blocks east between West 31st and West 33rd Streets and 7th and 8th Avenues. MTA Subway: A, C, E, 1, 2, and 3 Rail: Amtrak, LIRR, New Jersey Transit, PATH Buses: M4, M5, M6, M7, M34 and Q42
- The Midtown ferry terminal is at West 39th Street and the West Side Highway.
- Drivers can park at 10 Hudson Yards, Abington House, and One Hudson Yards, which are all along West 30th Street between 10th and 11th Avenues.
Taxi / Black Car
- The best places for taxi pick up and drop off are by 10 Hudson Yards (10th Avenue and West 30th Street), 30 Hudson Yards (10th Avenue and West 33rd Street) as well as 55 Hudson Yards (West 34th Street and 11th Avenue).
- The Air Pegasus Heliport is at West 30th Street and the West Side Highway.
- Hudson River Park along the West Side Highway offers the best approach for bikers, north or south. The nearest CitiBike station is at the Northwest corner of West 34th Street and 11th Avenue. Daily bike storage is available on site.
Hours & Schedule
Things to keep in mind
- Group reservations must be reserved 3 days in advance. Payment for Flex Pass ticket purchases must be made at the time of booking. Payment is only available by credit card provided over the phone.
- Group size may be limited and is subject to availability. Some blackout or other restrictions may apply.
- One chaperone per every 10 guests (ages 0-18) are required. Chaperones must remain with the group at all times. Chaperones must be older than 21 years to qualify as a chaperone.
- Children 5 years old or younger do not need a ticket and may attend the Vessel free of charge when accompanied by an adult ticket holder.
- One complimentary ticket will be given per group Flex Pass reservation. One additional complimentary ticket will be given for every 50 Flex Pass group visitor reservation.
- Tickets and complimentary tickets may not be refunded, resold, exchanged, or transferred. Reselling tickets on Hudson Yards’ Public Square and Gardens is expressly prohibited.
- No refunds shall be issued in the event of closure due to weather. Flex Pass tickets can be reissued for a future date in the event of closure due to weather.
- We reserve the right to refuse or dismiss any group for misconduct.
- All groups are also subject to our general visitor policies found here. By booking your group, you agree to adhere to the Vessel Group Policies and FAQs, the Vessel Terms & Conditions, and the Vessel Guest Rules and Policies. All policies are subject to change without notice.
- Please allow 30-45 minutes for a visit to Vessel.
- Unapproved third-party guided tours are not permitted inside Vessel.
- Audio or visually distracting items including, but not limited to, horns, whistles, megaphones, flags, banners are not permitted.
- There are no storage options for groups available at Hudson Yards.
- No food and drink (except water in clear plastic bottles) is allowed on the Vessel. Glass bottles are strictly prohibited.