The Escape Game New York City
Located in Midtown Manhattan, The Escape Game is the NYC location of one of America’s top escape room and immersive adventure venues. As a premier provider of escape rooms, The Escape Game’s adventures play like Hollywood blockbusters with twists, turns and jaw-dropping surprises around every corner.
What you’ll do
Here, anything is possible. Travel to unexplored planets, alternate realities, and even through time. You and your group will work together to find clues, overcome challenges and ultimately complete a mission. You’ll step into worlds you have only seen in movies, as you become the hero in every story you choose.
- Gold Rush | You’re on the hunt for gold: For nearly two centuries, the hope of gold has lured people to the hills of NorthernCalifornia. No one was captivated more than Clyde Hamilton, a greedy gold prospector who loved to gamble. Clyde made too many bets with the wrong crowd and now he’s missing. You’ve been tipped off to where he stashed his gold.. but so has the mob. Find it first!
- Prison Break | A million ways in, one way out: The year is 1955. You’ve been wrongfully accused of a crime, and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Your new “home” is a cell that once belonged to an inmate who disappeared without a trace…or did he? Some claim he escaped. Others swear he was murdered by the infamously cruel warden. But no one actually knows…can you escape before you suffer the same fate?
- Special Ops: Mysterious Market | It started as a routine operation: You and your fellow field agents were sent to investigate the area’s local market. It’s late, it’s quiet… but something’s not quite right. Just as you are about to wrap up your inspection, you encounter a twist you never expected. Should you have seen this coming?
- The Heist | There’s an art to crime: Your world-class espionage outfit has landed you inside a prestigious art museum. A recently stolen masterpiece is presumed hidden within the office of the museum’s egotistical curator, Vincent Hahn. With the help of your intelligence agent on the outside, you have one hour to find your way into Hahn’s office, recover the painting, and slip away before Hahn returns.
- Playground | Rule the school: Summer is here! Well, almost… If you and your friends are going to leave for summer vacation, you’ll need your final report card. Here’s the problem, you haven’t finished your work and these assignments are unlike anything you’ve encountered in a classroom before. Luckily, you’ve got a great squad and everyone brings something different to the table. Band together to ace the ultimate group project. Pass or fail, you’re in this together!
Plan your visit
Small Groups (Below 13)
- Play with others: Book just for your group members and play with others as the room is filled.
- Play privately: Don’t want to be paired with others? Book the entire room! To book an entire room, you will need to purchase the maximum capacity for that specific game room. Our Rooms have the following capacities: The Heist-8, Special Ops: Mysterious Market-8, Gold Rush-8, Prison Break-8 and, Playground-12
Please book your game online by clicking here.
Large Groups (13+)
We love hosting large groups and corporate events. We have a full-time team dedicated to helping coordinate all of the details for you and customizing your visit.
- For Large Group Bookings, please complete our Group Request form.
- For Team Building Events, please complete our Corporate Request form.
Where is it
The Escape Game New York City is located in Manhattan at 295 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10017. We are on the 1st floor of the historic Lefcourt Colonial Building, across the street from CVS and within blocks of Rockefeller Center, Times Square, and Grand Central Station. There are nearby parking garages within a 5-minute walk of The Escape Game New York City and valet parking available at Grand Central Station.
Hours & Schedule
Open daily from 8:00 AM – Midnight, closed Christmas Day.
Advance Reservations Required.
Things to keep in mind
Am I really going to be “locked” in a room? Yes and no. You will be in a room with a locked door, but every door is equipped with an exit button. Should you feel the need to leave the room, you are welcome to do so at any time.
How early should I arrive for my game? Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your game start time. Games will begin exactly at their start times and being late might cause you to have less than sixty minutes to play.
Is there an age limit? We recommend our games for ages 13 and up. We do allow younger players, but some of the game content may be too difficult for them. An adult, 18 or older, must participate with anyone that is 14 and under. Also, any participants under the age of 18 will need an adult to sign their waiver.
Can I bring my small child with me? Yes! Any child that is age 4 and under can come along with you and will be free of charge. **important**: please call us after making your reservation so that we can add their spot to your reservation, due to each game having a maximum capacity for space/players.
Are your games wheelchair accessible? Please give us a call at 9179701360 and we will help you select the best game room for your team.
Can we bring food or drink into the games? We ask that no food or drink is taken into the game rooms. Alcohol is strictly prohibited on our premises.