An immersive experience like no other. Discover your inner spy. Explore the greatest spies, spy gadgets and stories at Spyscape, New York. The world’s largest interactive spy museum features world-class architecture, artifacts, technology and experiences. Test your hacking, code-breaking and espionage skills and this totally new experience will illuminate the world as well as your own skills and potential.
What you’ll do
Visitors to Spyscape will enjoy an authentic individualized experience:
- Briefing: Your immersive Briefing takes you into the world of spying—where hackers, corporations, and governments seek secret intelligence.
- Encryption: Meet the Cryptologists who shortened WWII by hacking the Enigma machine. Encounter an original Enigma and tap out messages on a perfect replica.Then test YOUR code-making and code-breaking skills in our Encryption Challenge.
- Deception: Could you live a lie? The most damaging spy in FBI history sold secrets to the Russians for 22 years. Find out how a young Spy-catcher brought him down. Then test YOUR lying and lie-detection skills, in our Deception Challenge.
- Surveillance: Surveillance isn’t just about enemies of the state. Do our governments and corporations strike the right balance between security, service and freedom? Find out what personal surveillance looks and feels like. Then test YOUR observation skills in our 360° degree Surveillance Challenge.
- Hacking: Meet the teenager who hacked the CIA, the cyber weapon that sabotaged Iran’s nuclear program, and the hacking groups trying to change our political landscapes.Then learn to protect YOUR data online and meet our in-house hackers at the Hacking Bar.
- Special Ops:Meet one of the greatest Special Ops Officers of all time. Virginia Hall spent years undercover in Nazi-occupied France, conducting espionage and sabotaging Hitler’s war machine.Discover the original “Q” who inspired the James Bond character, and see some of his ingenious and rare spy gadgets. Then test YOUR strategy and agility in our laser tunnel Special Ops Challenge.
- Intelligence: Meet “the spy who saved the world”. The secrets that Oleg Penkovsky passed to the CIA told President Kennedy he had time to negotiate a diplomatic solution to the Cuban Missile Crisis, and thus avert World War III.
- Debrief: Discover YOUR inner spy. Based upon your results, our Profile system (developed by a former head of training at British Intelligence) will assign you one of 10 spy roles—from Analyst to Spymaster. Finally, we will email YOUR detailed individual Profile (a $99 value) for FREE!
Plan your visit
Called “The smartest group experience in New York City” by Time Out, Spyscape specializes in welcoming groups that are ready to live their Mission: Impossible fantasies.
Packaged Group Experiences
- Field Agent Trip: Our signature team experience is uniquely fun and engaging. We worked with top industrial psychologists and a former Head of Training at British Intelligence to create authentic challenges – when completed, every member of your team gets a detailed dossier on their aptitudes, personality and skills – a great inspiration to use those skills every day. Includes full Spyscape experience plus an exploration of major spy roles and a spy quiz in our VIP Room, plus all non-alcoholic beverages. $875 for up to 16 people | #1 for team-building – Book Now
- Birthday Party: Young spy recruits will be escorted to our private party area to celebrate with pizza and cake! Their experience will include full access to the main galleries and challenges, with lots of opportunities for fun photos. Once they complete the challenges, they will each receive their individual spy profile celebrating their skills and attributes.Includes private party area and main Spyscape experience plus: Pizza, soft drinks, party favors, T-shirt for the birthday, theme cake (12” round, 3 layers). $1,875 for up to 25 people | #1 for teens & kids parties – Book Now
- Perfect for bar & bat mitzvahs, bachelor & bachelorettes, drinks & dinners – Spyscape can be instantly customized (using our high-tech systems) to your needs – turn your event into a unique and glamorous mission of secrets and self-discovery! – Contact Us
Custom Group Experiences
Where is it
Spyscape is located at 928 8th Ave, New York, NY 10019
- Subway: C, E to 50th Street Subway StationA, C, B, D to 59th Street Columbus Circle StationN, Q, R, W to 57th Street Subway Station
- Bus: M20, M104 Northbound to 8th Ave W 52nd Street M20 Southbound to 7th Ave W 55th Street M7, M104, Southbound to 7th Ave W 54th Street
- Parking: Parking is available at the iPark lot located at 308 West 55th Street (Between 8th and 9th)
Hours & Schedule
Monday – Thursday: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am – 10:00 pmA typical visit takes 1½ to 2 hours and last entry is at 7:30 pm.
Things to keep in mind
- Accessibility: Spyscape staff are available to assist any visitor in engaging with our interactive exhibits.All entrances, galleries, retail spaces, café, and restrooms are accessible via wheelchair and walker. A limited number of wheelchairs are available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis. For guests arriving with a wheelchair or a walker, the SE Corner of 55th St. and 8th Ave. has sidewalk access ramps. Service animals are welcome inside Spyscape.
- Bag Storage: Please limit the number and size of the items you bring. All large backpacks and bags are required to be stored in our coat room. Storage lockers are available in the coat room free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Storage lockers are 11.5”x19.5”x24”. Items that are too large for the lockers will not be permitted inside.
- Security: All visitors and their possessions are subject to mandatory search if requested by Spyscape staff. Any visitor found to be in possession of prohibited items may be immediately denied entry or removed from Spyscape property. Ticket reservations will not be refunded or rescheduled. A full list of prohibited items can be found here.
Notes for All Groups
- Group leader must provide name and email address for each person prior to visit (essential to receiving Spy Profile)
- Tickets are time and date specific – please arrive on time. Late arrivals will be accommodated at the discretion of the staff based on available capacity
- Group tickets cannot be individually resold or rescheduled
- We do not offer any partial refunds and all sales are final
- Spyscape is optimized for adults and teens and not recommended for children under 8 years old
Notes for School Groups
- Please do not bring packed lunches. Absolutely no outside food or drink is allowed
- Please leave jackets, backpacks, water bottles and gum on the bus. There are limited free individual storage lockers at SPYSCAPE. There are no designated group storage facilities
- Group Leaders should identify themselves to staff upon arrival
- School Groups should line up outside SPYSCAPE and wait for entry instructions from staff
- SPYSCAPE requires at least 1 adult chaperone per 10 students. Students must be chaperoned at all times in the galleries
- SPYSCAPE offers 1 complimentary ticket per 20 paid tickets
- Failure to adhere to museum policies may result in a group being denied entry or asked to leave the museum