Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
Ripley's Times Square in New York City will astonish your visitors! Currently the largest “Believe It or Not!” in North America with 20+ galleries and more than 500 artifacts from the Ripley’s Collection. Featuring brand new galleries and interactive exhibits, the “Little Apple” room and Smash Dash. Perfect for visitors and groups of all ages, to experience the unheard of, unimaginable and astonishing.
What you’ll do
This historic Times Square museum is home to rare artifacts and thrilling interactive exhibits. Our one-of-a-kind attraction welcomes visitors to immerse themselves in the unusual, the unexpected and the unbelievable. Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Times Square showcases some of the most incredible exhibits found in New York City, many of them discovered and owned by Robert Ripley himself! And…this family friendly attraction is the largest Ripley’s in North America!
Ripley’s will awe you with amazing displays of eccentric art, meticulously detailed sculptures constructed from used car parts as well as many extraordinary animals that greet you as you walk through the Ripley’s courtyard.
- Explore the collection: From a baseball uniform worn by Babe Ruth to the world’s largest collection of shrunken heads, you’ll discover that art extends beyond oil paint to include automotive bumpers, spider webs, portraits depicted in gumballs and even a 17-foot (5.2 m) tall World Trade Center modeled in perfect scale assembled from more than 470,000 matchsticks! See an iron maiden, a medieval European torture device, one of only 11 that are available to be viewed by the public, George Washington’s hair and more bizarre and weird items that must be seen to be believed.
- Experience Thrills: You’ll enjoy interactive exhibits like the Recollections room where you can check out your dance moves projected and repeated in a rainbow of florescent colors. Send your friends pictures of your head dressed up with hair, bones and war paint. On the weekends, you might just catch a glimpse of the freakish human sideshows performing under the marquee. Sword-swallowers, street magicians, you never know what you might see.
- Enjoy Ripley’s RELIC, A New Interactive Escape Adventure: This 15-minute, timed interactive experience will transform visitors into explorers, working together to unlock a series of puzzles and decipher a strange assortment of scientific symbols. Featuring the latest in high-tech components and top tier movie-quality set design along with a guide to assist explorers on their quest, Ripley’s Relic will challenge adventurers to crack the code and unlock its powers in the heart of Times Square. The Relic is a great family activity suitable for ages 5 and up
Plan your visit
Share the fun and save money with great group rates at New York’s most awe-inspiring attraction: Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Times Square. Centrally located and full of eccentric, educational, and interactive exhibits, Ripley’s Believe it or Not! is an ideal destination. Family, corporate, and groups of all kinds are invited to immerse themselves in the unusual, the unexpected, and the unbelievable.
Small Groups (Below 15)
- Groups below 15 people should plan to purchase general admission tickets. Your group can save by booking online today.
Large Groups (15+)
- Group Discounts are available for groups of 15 or more.
Our Group Services team is available Mon-Fri 9am-5pm to make the job of planning your trip easier than ever. Get started by calling us at 212-398-3133 ext. 225 or filling out our online group form.
School field trips, Scouts, Camps and Clubs (10+)
Ripley’s Times Square allows students of all ages to discover and explore the unbelievable truths of our world. From understanding diversity to exploring the mad formulas of science and crazy genetics of nature, a field trip to Ripley’s is more educational than you might expect. Ripley’s encourages a fun learning experience for schools and camps supporting the the NYS learning standards in Science, History, Art, and English to name a few.
- Special School/Camp Rates Start at $15.50 per person.
- Enhance your visit with a trivia kit at $5.00 per person to add a scavenger hunt and prize or an explorer kit at $8.00 per person to ass scavenger hunt, prize, and guide book.
- Looking for an all day experience? Ask about our optional add-on sightseeing and lunch packages!
Schedule a free tour of the museum for you and two guests to see if it works for your students! Simply send an email to [email protected] with your request!
Birthday Parties (10+)
Host a memorable, easy-to-plan birthday party at Ripley’s Believe it Or Not! The Discovery or Wonder Birthday Packages will delight your child and all their friends. Best of all, our team does all the work, from set-up to clean up! To book, call 212-398-3133 ext. 225 or complete our birthday party booking form online.
Additional Group Information
We now also offer performance space on 42nd St, souvenir guides, combo packages, team building opportunities, and event rentals. If you have any questions or would like to inquire about these services, please email [email protected]
Where is it
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Times Square is located at 234 West 42nd Street, between 7th & 8th Avenues.
- Take the A,C,E to Port Authority or 1,2,3,N,Q,R,W,S to 42nd Street/Times Square or B,D,F,M to 42nd Street/Bryant Park
- From Long Island: Take Long Island Expressway West. Long Island Expressway becomes I-495 West. Take 37th Street exit toward 38-40th Streets. Turn left onto East 37th Street. Turn right onto 3rd Avenue. Turn left onto East 42nd Street. Ripley’s Times Square is located between 7th and 8th Avenue on the South side of the street.
- From Northern New Jersey: Take NJ Turnpike South to the Lincoln Tunnel. Once you are out of the tunnel, take the exit on the left towards 40th Street. Stay straight to go onto Dyer Avenue. Turn right onto 42nd Street. Ripley’s Times Square is located between 7th and 8th Avenue on the South side of the street.
- From Southern New Jersey: Take NJ Turnpike North to the Lincoln Tunnel. Once you are out of the tunnel, take the exit on the left towards 40th Street. Stay straight to go onto Dyer Avenue. Turn right onto 42nd Street. Ripley’s Times Square is located between 7th and 8th Avenue on the South side of the street.
- From North of New York City: Saw Mill Parkway South. Saw Mill Parkway becomes Henry Hudson Parkway. Henry Hudson Parkway becomes West Side Highway. Take West Side Highway to 42nd Street and turn left. Ripley’s Times Square is located between 7th and 8th Avenue on the South side of the street
- We recommend reserving parking in advance with SpotHero, a parking reservation service that connects drivers to discounted, convenient parking!
- Visit the official Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Times Square Parking Page to find and reserve convenient parking with rates up to 50% off drive-up. Book now and your space at the chosen facility is 100% guaranteed!
Hours & Schedule
Ripley’s Times Square is open 365 Days a Year.
- Sunday – Wednesday: 10am – 11pm
- Thursday – Saturday: 10am – 1am
No Timed Entry. Last tickets sold one hour prior to closing.
Things to keep in mind
Who is the museum recommended for?
- Our collection of the unbelievable and amazing intrigues guests of all ages. The artifacts and exhibits are presented in a way that is fun, fascinating, and awe-inspiring for everyone.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
How much time should I plan to spend at the museum?
- Most guests spend between an hour and a half to two hours exploring the strange and unique artifacts, exhibits and interactive experiences at Ripley’s Times Square. As with any attraction or museum, your personal tastes will determine how long it takes.
- If you plan to dive into every item and read each caption, you’ll be here a bit longer.
- If you plan to focus on featured galleries, you will find that two hours is sufficient.
Is the museum wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, Ripley’s Times Square is handicap accessible.
Do you allow strollers into the museum?
Is food and drink allowed in the museum?
- A number of our exhibits are priceless and simply cannot be replaced if damaged. Therefore, to be sure that we preserve the collection for future visitors, we do not allow any outside food, gum, or beverages.
Is Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Times Square in NYC the same as other Ripley’s?
- Ripley’s personal treasures can be seen in Believe It or Not! attractions around the world. Each museum is unique in its collection of oddities and in their presentation. No Ripley’s Believe It or Not! museum would be complete without the “old favorites” however – the incredible people whose stories Ripley gathered on his journeys around the globe. These strange people are brought back to life in detailed wax figures.