Medieval Times is based upon authentic Medieval history and is the true story of a noble family with documentation dating back to the 11th Century. Medieval Times began with two dinner/ entertainment complexes located in Majorca and Benidorm, Spain. The first North American Castle in Kissimmee, Florida opened in December 1983. Medieval Times’ Castles have since entertained more than 60 million guests.
What you’ll do
You’ll witness a battle of Champions! Travel through the mists of time to a forgotten age and a tale of devotion, courage and love—at Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament. Imagine the pageantry and excitement that would have been yours as a guest of the queen ten centuries ago. That’s exactly what you will experience at North America’s most popular dinner attraction.
See our electrifying show featuring heroic knights on spirited horses displaying the astounding athletic feats and thrilling swordplay that have become hallmarks of this unique entertainment experience. Enjoy a “hands-on” feast as the dynamic performance unfolds before you. A sweeping musical score and brilliant lights provide a fabulous backdrop for this spellbinding experience that blurs the boundary between fairy tale and spectacle!
Hang on to your helmet – the show is about to begin:
- In the Hall of Arms, your group can admire the elaborate Medieval décor. There are coats of arms for many prestigious families and a spectacular array of Medieval weaponry; as well as a Museum of Torture, which features reproductions of torture instruments used during the Middle Ages.
- As the festivities begin, trumpeters herald you into the Grand Ceremonial Arena where your group will be seated in one of the six color-coded sections corresponding to the colors of one of the daring Knights. Serfs and wenches attend to every need of your group as you feast on a four-course dinner in true Medieval, pre-silverware fashion.
- The arena quickly fills with the thunder of hooves as the Queen of Arms lends the cast through a spectacular display of equestrian skills and Medieval pageantry. The pace quickens as the Tournament of Games begins. The valiant Knights on horseback face their competition in games of skill, such as the ring pierce, flag toss, and javelin throw.
- The experience culminates as trumpeters summon the Knights of the Realm for the Tournament Royal. You’ll join in the revelry and fun as you cheer your own Knight to victory in authentic jousting matches and dangerous sword fights.
- Following the evening’s final show, you’ll have the opportunity to receive autographs and mingle with cast members in the Hall of Arms.
Plan your visit
At Medieval Times, groups get more! Whether you are celebrating a special event or are planning a great night out with your friends, our group packages are a lot of fun for all occasions.
- Celebrate Medieval Style: Perfect for birthday parties, graduations, holiday parties, family reunions, military events, religious events, anniversary parties and dinners, homecoming, prom, baby showers, quinceañeras, promotions and retirement parties and many other occasions!
- Troop Outings: We welcome all scouting organizations, including Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts – BSA. Honor meets knightly chivalry at Medieval Times. Our thrilling two-hour show is a great way to excite the entire troop.
- Summer Camp Matinees: Step back in time and experience spectacular horsemanship, swordplay, games of skill and an authentic jousting tournament between six brave knights.
- Partners in Education: A field trip of epic proportions. Watch as your lesson plans come to life in our 11th century-style Castle. It’s an interactive educational experience your students will treasure. Click here to view our Field Trip Information | Access our Teacher’s Guide & Lesson Plans
- Birthday Parties: Looking for a truly memorable, unique birthday experience? Join in the royal fun and be part of our thrilling live performance! With our Birthday Package, birthday guests receive a Birthday announcement during the show, a group photo, a slice of cake, a frozen strawberry slushie in a souvenir castle cup, and a cheering banner.
- Company Events: Shake off your business attire and leave your inside voices at the door- Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament is one of the most fun destinations for your next team outing! Bring a group of 15 or reserve a private show just for your party – either way, you’re guaranteed a unique, memorable event that’s a total blast for everyone! Ask about discounted group pricing for group photos, the Museum of Torture, drinks, commemorative party favors and more! Click here to view our 3 Corporate Group Packages
- Military Groups: Medieval Times is honored to salute the men and women of our armed forces and their families by providing exclusive offers.
- Tour Operator Packages: Every successful kingdom has strategic alliances. And we’re happy to offer our allies in the travel industry royal treatment – including special rates and service.
If you’d like to join us in our quest to provide one of the most unique experiences in the travel industry, we’d love to hear from you.
Ready to book an experience of epic proportions?
Where is it
The New Jersey Castle is located at:149 Polito Ave. Lyndhurst, New Jersey 07071 – just 15 minutes from Manhattan!
- Parking: Our Castle offers free on-site car, bus and handicapped parking.
Hours & Schedule
- Groups Below 15 Guests: Click here to view our current show schedule and purchase your general admission tickets online.
- Groups of 15 or More Guests: Please discuss available dates and showtimes with our sales team when booking your group event, you can reach the team at (201) 933-2220 ext. 2319
Things to keep in mind
What exactly is Medieval Times?
Medieval Times is an exciting, family-friendly dinner attraction inspired by an 11th century feast and tournament. Guests are served a four-course banquet and cheer for one of six Knights competing in the joust and other tests of skill.
What can I expect at a Medieval Times performance?
Expect almost two hours of jousting, swordsmanship, thrilling hand-to-hand combat, displays of extraordinary horsemanship and falconry as part of an exciting yet touching story set in Medieval Spain.
What else does Medieval Times have besides a dinner show?
Medieval Times also features an excellent bar, gift shop, Hall of Arms displaying medieval artifacts and a medieval torture museum.
What’s on the menu?
Medieval Times’ noble guests feast on garlic bread, tomato bisque soup, roasted chicken, sweet buttered corn, herb-basted potatoes, dessert of the Castle, coffee and two rounds of select non-alcoholic beverages. A full-service bar is also available for adult guests. Vegetarian meals are available upon request.
Is it true that we must eat with our hands?
Absolutely! Eating utensils were not used in the 11th century and we take you back! The Queen’s feast includes garlic bread, tomato bisque soup, roasted chicken, sweet buttered corn, herb-basted potato, dessert of the Castle and beverages (may vary by castle).
What is the dress code?
The dress is casual.
What is the policy for lap children under 3 years old?
Children under the age of 3 are admitted free as long as they sit on adults’ laps and eat from their plate. If you prefer the child to have his or her own seat and meal then the child rate would apply.
How early should I arrive?
The Castle doors will open 75 minutes prior to the showtime printed on your tickets. Plan to arrive early; seating is first come, first served and to obtain the best seats available you should arrive as early as possible. Many shows sellout, so it takes time to get everyone in efficiently and safely. Once in the Hall of Arms there are plenty of activities and festivities to enjoy: visit the extensive gift shop, full-service bar, museum of torture and observe the master falconer and his birds of prey up close. Knighting ceremonies are also performed pre-show.