Luna Park is the first new amusement park to be built in Coney Island in over 40 years. Complete with over 20 rides, including thrill rides that will challenge even the most hardcore roller coaster fans, 13 carnival style games, an Arcade and go-karts, there's no shortage of fun to be had at Luna Park. And, of course, no visit to Coney Island is complete without a ride on the grandfather of the American roller coaster—the legendary Cyclone. Luna Park also offers eight food options, including a brand-new bar and grill.
What you’ll do
You’ll experience thrills from the mild to extreme by getting aboard the many rides located in the park. Next, step into our black lit neon paint splattered arcade and you will immediately be transported to 1985. This is the real deal. We have some of the best old school games in town or step right up to one of the traditional carnival games to win prizes. Hungry yet? Luna Park has a wide variety of dining options from American to Sea Food. Finally, stop by one of the premier Luna Park shops to pick up your Luna Park official gear.
Plan your visit
Luna Park has options that cater to every kind of group and we even offer early openings for groups of 20 or more:
- Tour Groups: Bus tour companies, operators and charter buses visiting Luna Park receive special pricing on tickets purchased in advance and on consignment. Contact us today for details.
- Senior Groups: Maybe you have fond memories of the rides and seeing the sights of Coney Island as a child. Or perhaps this will be your first trip to the shore of the People’s Playground. We welcome all to join us for memories – old and new – at Luna Park. Senior Tour Packages Start at Just $25.99 plus tax – Click here to learn more.
- Corporate Events: Corporate events take on a new dimension at the most-unique party venue in Brooklyn. So, if you are looking for an out-of-the-box idea for your next corporate event that will show your employees, clients and partners an unforgettable time, come on out to Brooklyn’s original home for fun in the sun. Don’t forget to ask about our team building options like Tug of War, volleyball & more! Inquire here today.
- Special Events: Gather as a group and create lasting memories with a wedding, class reunion, quinceañea or Sweet 16, family reunion, graduation or just an awesome get together! There’s something for every age! Our private indoor/outdoor spaces are perfect for hosting large groups to share a classic Coney Island treat and catch up on old times. Let us handle all of the details from setup to clean up so you can relax and enjoy the day. Just be sure to book early, contact us ahead to inquire about future dates!
Ready to have the perfect Coney Island experience? Fill out the form for your chosen experience at one of the links above, give our Group Sales team a call at 718.373.5862 ext 500, or send a quick email to [email protected]
Where is it
- Coming from the Belt Parkway West: get off at Exit 7B Ocean Parkway. Go onto Shore Parkway then make a left onto Ocean Parkway. Ocean Parkway will then turn into Surf Avenue.
- Coming from the Belt Parkway East: get off exit 6 Cropsey Ave/Coney Is. Make slight left onto Shore Parkway. Make slight left onto Bay 52nd Street. Make first right on Cropsey, Cropsey becomes West 17th Street, make left onto Surf Avenue.
- Luna Park does not have a dedicated private parking lot for visitors. Both metered and free parking is available along most streets.
- Guests may also find close and convenient commercial parking lots on West 17th Street at MCU Park and West 12th Street between Mermaid and Surf Ave, West 15th Street between the Boardwalk and Surf Ave and on Neptune Ave between West 12th and Stillwell Ave.
- Q & F to West 8th Street Station
- D, F, N & Q to the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station
- B36 to Surf Avenue and West 8th St
- B68 to Neptune Avenue and West 8th St.
Hours & Schedule
Luna Park is open daily from 11:00am – 12:00am.
- Depending on the day and the weather, park hours vary.
- Click here to view the park calendar.
Things to keep in mind
- We are an admission-free, open-gate amusement park. This allows individuals to pay for only the rides and attractions they are able to, or choose to participate in. We do not offer refunds to guests who purchase tickets, credits, wristbands or any other Luna Park promotion.
Additional Group Information
- Walk-up and same-day bookings are welcome. An additional per-person fee will be applied for all groups without a reservation.
- For Groups booked in advance, If paying by Company Check, the remaining balance is due 10 days prior to the date of your event. No personal checks.
- Our DOE vendor ID is available upon request.
- Late deposits are subject to a loss of all Complementary Chaperone wristbands and/or an additional per-person surcharge may occur.
- A ramped entrance and exit is located at the back, boardwalk side of Lot A of Luna Park. Pathways with ample room to accommodate wheelchairs are present throughout the park to allow guests with disabilities to access food stands and most rides and attractions
- Luna Park is dedicated to doing everything in our power to accommodate guests with disabilities who wish to enjoy our amusement park. With that in mind some, rides may not be accessible for people with disabilities or those for any reason unable to enter, transfer or exit attractions.
- Guests with disabilities interested in participating in rides may visit Guest Services for additional information on specific attractions available to them. On rides that are deemed safe to enjoy, a park representative and ride operators will assist in providing access to pre-determined attractions. Luna Park employees are not permitted to assist in physically transferring guests to and from rides.
- Legally documented service animals are allowed within Luna Park. Service animals are limited to one per guest and all other animals are prohibited. Dogs or any other service animal trained to assist persons with disabilities must be fitted with an appropriate restraining device and remain in the control of its owner (or a member of the party) at all times. Service animals are not permitted on water rides. Most rides within Luna Park are not built to safety accommodate service animals.
- Guests with restricted mobility riding with companions may wait in a nearby alternative location and are excused from remaining in line. When the party reaches the front of the line, the guest may then join their group and be provided a reasonable amount of time to board the attraction. This policy is intended to allow those in wheelchairs and with restricted mobility to enjoy rides with their friends and family without bypassing other guests who are also waiting in line.
- Guests may be restricted from participating in rides where a cast, brace or prosthetic device does not fit or inhibits the restraint system, or in any case it presents a danger to the rider, other guests or presents a safety concern of any kind. Many of the thrill rides at Luna Park travel at high speeds and produce substantial g forces. Guests with prosthetics that may potentially become dislodged during a ride should contact Guest Services for information and assistance.
- Our First Aid Station is located adjacent to the front entrance of Luna Park and is staffed at all times during park operating hours by trained medical personnel.
- For questions about medications and on-site equipment, contact us ahead of time online or inquire upon arrival to the park. Guests requiring specific medications, such as an EpiPen or bee sting anaphylaxis kit, are urged to bring everything needed to the park with them and keep it in a place where it can be quickly accessed.
For more information on park rules, safety messages and regulations, please review Luna Park’s Code of Conduct. If you have additional questions, please contact us online or visit us at Guest Services.