Offering exhilarating Manhattan helicopter tours since 1990, Liberty Helicopter delivers unparalleled safety records and a commitment to customer service. Unlike any other tour of NYC, you’ll see more than you ever imagined when you step into one of our choppers and get a bird’s eye view. Plus, like many of our past customers, you’ll want to tell your friends all about it! Every trip with Liberty is an unforgettable one.
What you’ll do
You’ll experience a view of NYC’s most famous landmarks unlike any other with our tour options, pair a unique city helicopter trip with another form of transportation to see NYC in more ways than one with our packages, and travel in style when you charter a private helicopter to take you to your destination of choice.
NYC Helicopter Tours: Visit the city’s most iconic attractions without getting stuck in crowds. Our helicopter rides around NYC are perfect for seeing it all from the clouds. These tours provide awe inspiring views of the Big Apple.
- The Big Apple: New York City isn’t called the “Big Apple” for nothing!! This very popular tour provides awe inspiring views of the Big Apple’s most iconic landmarks. As you soar above the famous Hudson River you will fly right by the magnificent Statue of Liberty in all of her glory. Dont forget to bring your camera!
- New York, New York: Soar above New York Harbor to view all of New York City’s most captivating sights on this truly all-encompassing 18-20 minute helicopter tour. Your tour begins down the Hudson River…….and YES – we encourage you to bring your camera!
- Harbor View Tour: Get a bird’s-eye view of the Big Apple’s most iconic landmarks on this popular ride from our Kearny, NJ heliport. As you soar above the city that never sleeps, take a look at all NYC has to offer. You’ll see attractions such as: One World Trade Center, Statue of Liberty, Governors Island and Ellis Island, Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan Bridge, The Verrazano Bridge, Coney Island, and the Empire State Building.
- NYC Sunset Tour: There is nothing more beautiful than the sun descending behind NYC’s iconic skyline. Each towering skyscraper draped in black, giving way to unique silhouettes set against a background that erupts in vibrant pink, orange purple, blue and gold colors. Liberty Helicopters has calculated the perfect time each day for our passengers to capture the sunset of all sunsets on this once-in-a-lifetime flight.
- City Lights Ride: The Majesty of NYC’s beauty is yours to behold when the city lights are shining against the dark night sky. On this NYC helicopter trip from our Kearny, NJ heliport, you’ll get an all-encompassing ride with unbeatable views.
- Custom Helicopter Tours: One size fits all travel has never been your mentality. Know you need to stay true to your identity, which means embarking on a personalized, customized and tailor-made NYC helicopter ride experience. If this sounds like you, then look no further. We at Liberty Helicopters offer custom helicopter flight services around New York City. Our custom helicopter flights are private and unmatched. These custom helicopter flights have an ability to provide the specific kind of visual and travel excursion you, your family and your friends have been seeking.
Plan your visit
Small Groups (Below 12)
- Click here to view our Helicopter Tours and book online today!
- Click here to view our Tour Packages and book online today!
Large Groups (12+)
We know this one-of-a-kind helicopter trip around NYC is perfect to offer those looking to sightsee and get the ultimate Big Apple experience. With that said, we’ve put together comprehensive group packages for groups of 12 people or more. Liberty provides a picture-perfect flight to groups of all ages and sizes. Whether you’re a Tour Operator or the leader of your group, this option is a great place to start. As Liberty has over 29 years of experience, it’s safe to say your group will be in good hands.
Receive discounts all year round – contact Denise Coyle-Kirby today for more information at [email protected]
With over 30 years of helicopter charter expertise, we at Liberty Helicopters promise to raise your travel experience to a whole new level. Our fleet of helicopters are reliable, comfortable, affordable and ready to fly to any destination within a 300 mile radius of New York City. When you book a custom charter service with Liberty Helicopters you are ensuring the best possible experience for your family, friends and guests. Our professional staff plan and arrange the itinerary for all passengers, providing a personal level of service that is unmatched by other companies. Whether your reason is business or pleasure, with our helicopter charter service you are not simply getting from point A to point B, you are experiencing a visual journey that you won’t soon forget.
For more information on our helicopter charter service please contact us at [email protected].
Where is it
Our Downtown Manhattan Heliport is located at 6 East River Piers, New York NY, 10004.
Our New Jersey Heliport is located at 165 Western Road, Kearney NJ, 07032 | GPS Address: 1 Ford Lane, Kearney NJ, 07032
Hours & Schedule
Charter Service: 24/7
- NY: Mondays-Saturdays 9am-4pm
- NJ: Saturdays 5pm-8:30pm and Sundays 9am-8:30pm
Helicopter tour reservations are not required but strongly recommended, especially for weekends and holidays. If you come to the heliport without a reservation you may have to wait or come back later in the day for the next available flight. Specific hours and schedules for your tour will be provided at the time of booking.
Things to keep in mind
There are tons of NYC helicopter tours, so why choose us? Liberty Helicopters has the resources to accommodate guests no matter the custom helicopter ride they choose. We care about our customers and want to be sure they are provided with the best Manhattan helicopter sightseeing experience ever.
Still not sold? Here are some quick facts about Liberty Helicopter Tours:
- Serving over 5 million guests from around the world
- Providing the best private helicopter tours in New York from above
- Recipient of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017 award
- No hidden costs, all posted prices include fees and taxes
- Largest Airbus Helicopter fleet in NYC with 7 state-of-the-art helicopters
Have questions? We have answers! Check out some frequently asked questions below:
- How many people can fly in your helicopters? Our helicopters seat up to 5 and 6 passengers plus one pilot.
- How long are your tours? Our Big Apple tour is approximately 15 minutes in length our New York New York tour is approximately 20 minutes in length.
- When is the best time to schedule my helicopter ride? We recommend booking your helicopter tour during the beginning or middle of your trip to New York City. This way, in the event of bad weather, there is ample time to reschedule your helicopter ride.
- What happens if there is bad weather on the day of my helicopter ride? Bad weather happens and our number one priority is keeping our customer’s safe. We will do our best to alert or contact you as soon as possible if your helicopter flight needs to be delayed or rescheduled.
- Are children allowed on the flight? Yes! Children can fly on all of our helicopter tour options. Children are some of our favorite guests! Children less than 40lbs and under 2 years of age can fly for free, but must sit on an adult’s lap. All Children over the age of 2, regardless of weight, must sit in their own seat per FAA regulation and are full price.
- Is Photo ID required to board my flight? Yes all guests age 18 or older are required to bring a valid photo id as follows: US residents must bring valid governement issued photo id. Non US residents must bring valid government issued passport.
- Will I go through a security check before my flight? Yes. There will be a Liberty Helicopter representative that will scan you with a metal detector prior to entering into the heliport. Firearms, weapons, explosives and sharp objects are prohibited and will not be allowed inside. After this is completed you will be escorted to the check in desk to begin getting ready for your helicopter flight.
- Is there a weight limit? We have a weight limit of 300lbs (113kgs) per passenger. Guests over the weight of 250 may be subject to additional fees or the purchase of a secondary seat.
- Can I fly in the helicopter if I’m pregnant? Yes, you can fly when you’re pregnant. We recommend checking with your HealthCare provider for any concerns or questions you have.
- Are the helicopters handicap accessible? We ask that you give us a call ahead of time so we can plan your visit. Our loading crew is phenomenal and can accommodate the majority of people with limited mobility issues to give them and their companion the same experience as everyone else.
- Can I take photos and videos during my tour? Cameras and smartphones are allowed with the exception of the Samsung Note 7 smartphone devices which has been banned by the FAA in 2015. Pictures and videos on the ramp are strictly prohibited. However, we strongly encourage you to take photos once you’re in the aircraft and flying around NYC! We also offer printed pictures and a USB at the end of your tour.
- Are there any items not allowed on the helicopter? All loose item like bags and purses are not permitted on the aircraft. We know that this is not always possible, especially when traveling, so we have lockers for rent at the heliport while you’re on your ride around New York City.
- I use an oxygen tank as a medical necessity, can I bring it on my flight? Liberty Helicopters allows oxygen condensers as long as there is a clearly visible ‘D.O.T. Approved’ stamp/placard and are FAA approved.
Need more information? Whether you have a particular inquiry regarding a group trip or require special accommodations, please do not hesitate to send us a message. Our team will get back to you as soon as we can, and will provide an answer to any question you may have. Give us a call at (800) 542-9933 or email [email protected]