Inside Out Tours
Inside Out Tours offers a range of award-winning and authentic off-the-beaten-path and hidden history sightseeing tours of New York City. Experience the hidden histories of iconic NYC neighborhoods, from the Brooklyn Bridge, to Grand Central, Harlem, Brooklyn Heights, and Bryant Park. We have tours running seven days a week throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Bronx. Founded by two native New Yorkers, our tours highlight establishments that locals frequent and share a common theme of civic responsibility.
What you’ll do
You do not simply observe from a distance on our tours, rather taste regional food, see the historic homes of jazz greats, listen to gospel music, view street art, and visit famous landmarks, all while immersing yourself in the city’s vibrant and diverse neighborhoods.
Plan your visit
Reserve your group with us and discover untold tales of NYC! We plan award-winning group tours for leisure groups, schools and camps, and corporate & VIP.
- Schools & Camps: If you are a teacher looking for an activity for your students that supplements your curriculum, our tours are for you and your class! We partnered with a NYC history professor that developed our tours to supplement NYC curriculum. Our expert guides will help your students discover New York City! Inquire Now.
- Corporate: Join us for a great experience for you and your colleagues while in NYC. Let us prepare a work event that you’ll hear your coworkers talking about in the office! We’ll work with you to develop an extraordinary itinerary. Inquire Now.
- Travel Professionals: For many years, we have worked with various companies and organizations. They love our product because we offer a special experience that is not regularly seen in tourism. Inquire Now.
Want to learn more about our Group Tour Topics? Click here to browse what we have to offer.
Where is it
All of our tours have different starting locations which will be provided at the time of booking.
Hours & Schedule
- Our office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST
- Our New York City tours run year-round. No tours run on the following blackout dates: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
Things to keep in mind
Do your tours have age restrictions?
- All ages are welcome on our tours. Please keep in mind that children will be expected to walk/stand for the duration of the tour.
How physically intensive are your tours?
- All of our tours are less than two miles long and are generally appropriate for all ages and fitness levels.
Will I need a metro card?
- Some of our tours require a MetroCard. Please check the tour description or your booking confirmation for details about a specific tour.
Are your tours wheelchair accessible?
- The Harlem Gospel Tour, Great Women of NY Tour, Alternative New York Street Art Tour: Lower East Side, and the NYC Slavery and Underground Railroad Tour are wheelchair-accessible.
Are dogs allowed on your tours?
- We do not allow pets on tours. However, service animals are welcome. Please let us know in advance to advise the guide.
What is the capacity of your tours?
- Walking tours have a limited capacity of 25 – 35 people per tour, so we advise you to book in advance.
What time should I arrive for a tour?
- We suggest arriving at least 15 minutes before the departure time.
How should I dress for the tour?
- Dress for the day’s weather and wear comfortable walking shoes–you will be on your feet for most of the tour! If you are taking a tour that includes a church visit, please dress appropriately and refrain from wearing flip-flops, tank tops, or shorts.
Are there restrooms on your tours?
- We highly suggest that customers use the restroom ahead of time. Not all of our tours include restroom stops.