Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises
Established in 1945, we're proud to be in the business for over 70 years. At Circle Line, we like to think that we’ve perfected the fine art of the New York City sightseeing tour. Since first opening in 1945, have hosted over 60 million passengers on our cruises.Today, we’re the only cruise company in New York Harbor exclusively dedicated to sightseeing with boats specifically designed to let you see as much as possible in any weather. Our dedication to offering the best possible NYC experience has earned us worldwide recognition as one of the best boat rides in the world.
What you’ll do
With more cruises and over 130 NYC landmarks, you’ll experience your perfect cruise! We offer 1, 2 or 3 hour cruises from two convenient Manhattan locations to fit every schedule as well as sightseeing, music, fitness and special event cruises to meet every interest.
Plan your visit
Groups are always welcome aboard Circle Line cruises!
Groups Below 15
- General Admission is available for groups below 15 guests, click here to select your cruise and book your tickets.
Groups of 15+
- Bring your crew aboard for access to group discounts, packages and more. Our group sales team will assist you every step of the way.
- For more info or to get started, just fill out this form or call 212-630-8885. You can also email us at: [email protected]
Semi-Private Events for 30-70 guests
- Got a big group but don’t need the whole boat? We’d be delighted to host your group in their own private area where they can enjoy dramatic sightseeing views, a private bar and appetizers on board.It’s a great way to treat your guests to a personalized, fun and VIP sightseeing experience in New York City. We’ll work with you to curate the perfect food and drink options to meet your group needs.
- For more info or to get started, just fill out this form or call 212-630-8885! You can also email us at: [email protected]
- When you charter a Circle Line boat, your guests will enjoy a lavish 3-hour cocktail party or buffet dinner, entertainment and majestic city views. Want something different? We’ve got you on that too. Our party planners are here for you with affordable packages for custom private parties with 100-500 attendees.
- For more info or to get started, just fill out this form or call 212-630-8147. You can also email us at: [email protected]
Schools and Camps
- Are the troops getting antsy? Here’s a way to sneak in a whole lot of history in a totally fun and unforgettable way – a Circle Line field trip! Our tour guides ensure that exploring is never boring and can often gear the tour to your group’s specific interests and age levels.
- Choose from the following cruise options to organize the perfect getaway for your kiddies (and the adults in charge):
- Curriculum-oriented tours especially for Social Studies and History
- Views and narration of landmarks, modern and historic sites, NYC bridges and the Statue of Liberty
- Bus-friendly location in Midtown
- Box lunches available
- For even more fun and inspired learning, pair an unforgettable Circle Line tour with one of our incredible Combo Packages.
- For more info or to get started, just fill out this form or call 1-877-338-2542!
Where is it
With two Convenient Locations, it’s easy to find us wherever your travels take you in New York City. Our cruises depart from different piers throughout the day, so please check the Cruise Schedule and your tickets carefully. Welcome aboard!
Midtown West – Pier 83 | 42nd Street and the West Side Highway
- By Subway: Take the 1, 2, 3, 7, A, C, E, N, Q or R train to Times Square 42nd Street; train B, D, F to 5th Avenue and 42nd Street, or 4, 5, 6 train to 42nd Street Grand Central Station. Follow directions below for the bus or walk 5 avenues west to Pier 83 (about 1 mile or 1.6km).
- By Bus: From 42nd Street take the M42 bus going West, directly to the Circle Line Pier. From 49th Street take the M50 bus directly to the Circle Line pier.
- Parking: Available at Circle Line Sightseeing, Pier 83, W 42nd Street. ($30 before 3pm weekdays and $35 after 3pm weekdays and all weekend)
Downtown East – Pier 16 | 89 South Street at Fulton Street, near the South Street Seaport
- By Subway: Take the A, C, J, Z, 2, 3 train to Fulton Street. Walk southeast down Fulton Street toward the water. Follow Fulton Street all the way to South Street Seaport.
- By Bus: Take the M15, QM11, or QM25 bus to Water Street and Fletcher Street. Walk toward the water on John Street until you get to the South Street Seaport.
- Directions from X8, QM7, QM8, BM1, BM2, BM3, BM4 bus: Get off at Water Street and Maiden Lane. Walk toward the water on Maiden Land until you get to the South Street Seaport.
- Parking: Central Parking Garage (not operated by Cirlcle Line), 288 Pearl St. (entrance on Peck Slip and Pearl Street, phone: 800-836-66
Hours & Schedule
Box Office Hours
- You can visit us at either of our two box offices between 9am and 7pm daily.
Group & Charter Sales Office Hours
- You can connect with our sales team between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday – Friday.
- Click here to view our scheduled cruises
Things to keep in mind
- Boarding begins 30-minutes before departure
- please arrive 45-minutes to 1-hour prior to departure to allow time for obtaining boarding passes and heading through security.
Do I need to print my tickets?
- Yes! Tickets need to be scanned. You can print your tickets in advance, or have your tickets easily and readily available on your mobile phone for scanning when you arrive at Pier 83.
Will your cruises leave on time?
- Yes! Our boats typically depart exactly when scheduled. PLEASE leave enough time for traffic and transit delays and plan to arrive early.
What kind of concessions are available on board?
- Our standard items include hot dogs, pretzels, nachos, an assortment of fresh sandwiches and salads, assorted breakfast items (during morning cruises), coffee/tea/soda/bottled water and full bar.
Did you say there’s a bar on the boat?
- Yes, we serve beer, wine and cocktails. Please have a valid ID (alcoholic beverages only served to people over 21).
Can I bring my own food or drinks on board?
- Unfortunately no outside food or beverages are allowed on board our boats. We do, however, have a full snack bar and beer, wine and cocktails on board.
How close do the boats get to the Statue of Liberty?
- All of our sightseeing boats cruise within yards (meters) of Lady Liberty for an absolutely incredible view. You’ll feel like you’re actually on the island!
Do you offer your tours in other languages?
- Our tours are narrated in English by the guides, however, we do offer The Circle Line Skyline Navigator companion app that translates our legendary cruise content into seven languages: Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, German, and Chinese (Mandarin). It is available on both the Apple and Google Play stores. We highly suggest downloading the app prior to arriving on the pier.
Is smoking allowed on the boat?
- Smoking is not permitted on Circle Line’s regular sightseeing cruises including Liberty, Statue of Liberty Express, Statue by Night, Landmarks, Best of New York and Harbor Lights. *Smoking may be permitted in designated areas on Circle Line’s Music Cruises, Bear Mountain Cruises, 4th of July and New Year’s Eve Cruises. Please plan your trip accordingly.
Are the boats pet friendly?
- Sorry, animals are not permitted on the Circle Line boats, except for certified service animals.