Beyond the Plate Food Tours
Beyond the Plate Food Tours: Let our local friendly guides help you discover the stories beyond the plate, while indulging in generous food and alcohol pairings through four of the best places to eat and drink. COME HUNGRY! Previously Jersey Girls Food Tours, we’ve been touring Jersey City since 2013, expanding to Red Bank, Somerville and Princeton in the last two years.
What you’ll do
More than just a tasting, each tour showcases 4 of the most delicious, crowd-pleasing and unique places in town. As we’re seated around the table, you’ll get one-on-one exclusive access to chefs and owners, guided by your local expert tour guide. Check out the cities we’re touring through below!
Plan your visit
Eat through your next social gathering and celebrate with a Private Food Tour! With our private food tours, Beyond The Plate takes the average dining experience and brings it to the next level. Serving you exquisite food at different restaurants along with premium connections to the industry’s best chefs, owners, experts and more as you embark on this foodie adventure. Our expert tour guides set up and curate everything in advance for your group, giving you less work and more fun.
Private Versions of our Regular Tours
- Taste of Downtown Jersey City: Our signature culinary experience! Embark on a walking food tour of one of North Jersey’s most vibrant foodie destinations: Jersey City.
- Red Bank – Off the Shore Food Tour: Indulge in an eclectic array of eats on this insider’s food walking tour of Red Bank—one of New Jersey’s most vibrant dining destinations, nestled between NYC and the Jersey Shore!
- Sommerville – Taste Around the World Food Tour: Got an international palette? With more than 50 restaurants, bars and cafes packed to the brim of this two-square-mile borough hailing from every corner of the world, this 4-5 restaurant walking tour of downtown Somerville is sure to curb your appetite.
Custom Private Tours
- We curate food tours for groups of all sizes, from small gatherings to company-wide events! Every tour is unique and custom to our clients. We work with over 65 restaurants in Jersey City Red Bank and Somerville, and pride ourselves on delivering a one-of-a-kind culinary experience you’ll never forget.
Ready to Book Your Private Group Tour? Please submit our Private Event Inquiry Form.
Where is it
Locations vary. Your meetup points are determined by the tour your select.
Hours & Schedule
- Public Tours: You can find our tour schedule on our calendar of availability!
- Private Tours: Please discuss availability with us when inquiring about your group tour!
- Monday – Friday: 10 AM – 6 PM
Things to keep in mind
How does this work? Your tour guide will meet you at the first location and will guide you through the whole experience, walking from stop to stop. All locations and menu items are curated in advance, so your only job is to show up, have a great time and enjoy all the food and drinks. The minimum number of people needed to run a tour is 8 people, maxing out at 20 guests per tour.
How much food can we expect? What about alcohol pairings? We recommend having a light breakfast! By the time we’ve tasted our way through 4 locations, there will no need for dinner afterwards.There are generally 3 drink pairings on every tour and will usually be a mix of select wines, cocktails or beers.
What if I don’t drink? Alcohol can be substituted for non-alcoholic beverages.
How much walking is involved? No more than a 10-12 minute walk in between each stop—less than one mile. Each tour may vary slightly, however, each tour is done at a leisurely pace. No trekking, just casual strolls around town. With all the eating you’ll be doing, you’ll be glad we’re working it off!
Do we tip at every restaurant? Nope! Payment and tips to each restaurant is taken care of by us. Much like the rest of the hospitality industry, if you feel like your tour guide did a great job, the standard in the industry is 15-20%. Tips are not required, but they are very much appreciated.
If you have any questions, feel free to email [email protected]